Building critical organisational capabilities: Leadership skills training, Management skills training, Managing performance, Coaching and feedback skills development. Successful collaboration and alignment. Managing Stakeholders. Setting vision and direction as a leader and creating high performance teams.
Tailored programs Across the Asia Pacific Region
No Limits training is designed to help today’s leaders become more confident and better equipped with the communication skills in taking their people to the next level. Below is an overview of the most typical programmes related to the development of essential management and leadership programmes.
It is very important to us that the training you receive is relevant, and with that in mind we can blend or customise our training to complement or enhance your existing approaches. Our facilitators can also provide local support across Asia Pacific for the faciliation and running your existing “in house” global and regional training initiatives.
Consistent needs in Leadership Development
For many of the most critical leadership and personal effectiveness skills, NoLimits has developed consistent best practices appraoches that are applicable for multiple clients. These interactive learning programmes are a great way of building the essential skills that every manager and leader needs.
Most often Management Skills development is appropriate for new people managers, perhaps with little or no prior leadership skills training. Opportunities identified for them are primarily people management tools and soft skills with a key emphasis of moving away from the "doer" role to the 'leading' or 'managing' role. The most consistent key learning outcomes for them are:
- Understand what drives the behaviours and preferences of their personal style
- Understand what drives the behaviours and preferences of their people's personal objectives
- Know how to set and achieve actionable goals for self and team
- Create the bigger picture vison to engage and motivate the team
- Delegate, give feedback and coach effectiviely
- Planning and prioritising for yourself and team
All people leaders. More experienced managers or experienced managers who have just joined the organisation. Opportunities identified for them are primarily the essential soft skills that every leader and manager must possess.The most common leadership workshops for this group of participants are:
- Flexible Leadership Styles
- Communication Skills for Leaders
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Presenting Skills
- Influencing Skills
- Personal Brand and Impact
- Emotional Intelligence
BUILDING STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES - AN ACTION LEARNING APPROACH
For managers who need to truly become leaders. Developing the core leadership capabilities that ensure organisations are successful and employees thrive.
- Promote a standard set of leadership competencies as a clear vision of the successful leadership behaviours and leverage this as a framework for leadership development planning.
- Develop new leaders in your leadership competencies to ensure they are successful at their leadership level and allow for better talent management, leadership promotion and personal development plans that will:
- Maintain and improve employee engagement
- Create enhanced teamwork and collaboration
- Develop critical people competencies to ensure business success in new strategies and markets
- Build a support network, structure and the capabilities for new leaders to encourage and support each other's learning and growth.
- Build the capabilities and collaborative behaviours for your new leaders to build trust and relationships based on respect, common goals and shared values with internal customers, business partners, clients and stakeholders.
BEST PRACTICE METHODOLOGY
One of the most powerful models organisations can deploy to establish long term leadership behavioural change is a modular approach combined with opportunities to practise skills, share learning and receive coaching on challenges and issues that arise.
We recommend the Action Learning Approach with learning modules supported by Action Learning Coaching and project work using relevant case studies and real world projects that deliver on organisational goals and objectives. Details as follows:
- Establish cohort groups for training modules: For leaders of leaders, create smaller peer groups. For first-line leaders, larger groups are possible.
- Gather pre and post 360 feedback.
- Conduct a series of modular leadership development workshops aligned to the Competencies of Leadership over a period of around 6 to 12 months, focused on your assessment of the most critical competencies first and using facilitated experiential learning of leadership tools and techniques with tailored case studies and exercises.
- Create Action Learning Teams (ALT) (we recommend teams with around 8-12 participants per team from across the entire participant group) and develop and assign real world leadership projects to each team. (For example: Creating Engagement; Establishing Successful Recognition; Cross Department Collaboration; Building a Culture of Innovation; Developing Leadership Competencies; etc.)
- Participant Surgeries: Transfer the skills of best practice knowledge sharing and group coaching to the participants and hold regular participant cohort group coaching sessions, where the participants are facilitated in coaching each other to solve challenges and share best practices and learning examples. We will assign an Action Learning coach to each cohort, for a package of group coaching, ensuring continuous on the job learning, driving the application of the new leadership skills and ensuring business results. Research has shown that this approach ensures the fast transfer of learning into the workplace.